When Fate Brought Us to Wuyun: Chapter 3

 



Chapter Three: Wuyun

Wuyun was beautiful after rain.

The mountains wore mist like silver scarves.

Small streets curled between old buildings.

Lanterns glowed outside tea houses.

For Lín, the city felt strangely peaceful.

For the first time in months, nobody was asking her what she should do.

Nobody was correcting her.

Nobody was watching.

One afternoon, she took the twins outside.

Her son ran ahead.

Her daughter followed him.

And then, suddenly, her son collided with a woman carrying a sketchbook.

"Oh!"

The woman nearly dropped it.

Lín rushed forward.

"I'm so sorry!"

The stranger laughed.

"It's alright. I think your son was simply in a hurry to meet me."

Lín smiled.

"You must be very interesting."

"Apparently."

That woman was Laila.

They exchanged names.

Then somehow, they kept talking.

They talked while their children played.

They talked over tea.

They talked the following morning.

Then again the next day.

By the end of the week, something unusual had happened.

Two strangers had become friends.

Not the casual kind.

The kind who could sit in silence without feeling uncomfortable.

The kind who understood a sentence before it was finished.

One evening, Laila asked,

"Why did you come to Wuyun?"

Lín looked toward the mountains.

"I needed to remember who I was."

Laila's expression changed.

"Before marriage?"

Lín nodded.

"Before motherhood?"

Another nod.

"Before everyone else's expectations?"

Lín smiled sadly.

"Exactly."

Laila looked down at her tea.

"I understand."

Comments

Popular Posts