Fostering Rain: Poem

 




Fostering Rain

Fostering rain late at night

I’d roam the street of Spain beneath Silver light

Though the city sleeps but my heart remain awake

Knitting the memories of you & I make

 

Harboring thoughts of you at pinnacle

I wonder about sky that’s so beautiful

And suddenly through the mist of rain

I stagger upon light of your eyes again

 

Never meant to say a word, here I stand

Witnessing time slips though my hand

I tried to restrain my heart but couldn’t hide

Yet every emotion growing deep inside

 

And perhaps it was rain that made me confess

Or the lonely nights that made me feel little more less

Or perhaps the time you, weren't near

Who turned every falling raindrop into tear

 

And if tomorrow bring distance anew

I will still fly miles towards you

For some hearts forget the distance near or far

They follow one light, like a traveler follows a star

 

 

 

Zahra Huma

11-Aug-26

Comments

Popular Posts